Friday, February 15, 2013

February so far...

Catching up yet again...
These kids have been keeping me happily busy.  And the little bit of time I've been getting to myself during the day has been spent either cleaning or on myself.  I am happy to report that I have been eating "clean" for the most part and working out.  It was time to stop using the, "I just had a baby," excuse.  And I am happy to report that I have lost quite a bit of weight and am healthier than I have been in probably a good ten years.  I hope to continue to drop weight.  I'm this close to reaching my first large goal.  I've met a few mini eight and fitness goals.
But enough excuses.  I really don't want to drop the ball on the family blog.  I need to get the time to start making last years posts into our yearly book.
We've had a lot going on since the last time I posted....  We all got really sick for about a week.  It was not fun around here.

We traveled to Kansas City for a surprise 60th Birthday party that we threw for Jarod's mom.  It turned out better than I imagined.  We pulled off the surprise, which I was worried we couldn't do.  I hope that everyone had a really good time.








We've been working a lot on potty training.  Although, I will admit that I have dropped the ball on that this week.  I would like to put her in training pants beginning Monday.  We'll see how that goes.... : /  She likes to stick her hands in the pee stream.  YUCK.  So something else to work on as well...  We sing songs like, "the itsy bitsy spider," and read books.  She also has a little potty that we sometimes sit in front of the TV.  She gets a dumb dumb sucker or one M&M for her successes.  




We had a play date with cousins.  This time of year has been really hard on all of us.  But especially Melanie.  Being cooped up in the house all day is not fun and she is bored.  I can't wait for the weather to change and we can spend lots of time playing outside and taking nice long walks.  And then when it really warms up water play!!!  Makes me happy thinking about it.  So a play date was great fun!  





We went up to Daddy's work and had lunch with him.  And one night this week he was actually home before bedtime and got to enjoy the kids for a bit.  (Poor guy always puts in such horribly long hours.)

We've started feeding Luke some real food this week.  He is officially six months old today!!!  (More to come on that...)





And just because it's a cute picture of my beautiful girl!








No comments:

Post a Comment