Well.... I've been struggling with swelling and high blood pressure for about a month now. It seems to get worse as the work week goes on. I saw the doctor on March 1st and he wanted to put me on bed rest that day. However, I was upset about not giving work any kind of notice, and to be honest, was upset about being put on bed rest so soon. So, he told me that I could go until my appointment two weeks later, but after that it wasn't going to be negotiable. He told me not to promise work two weeks because he didn't think I would make it that long. I was told to call if things got worse. I was CONVINCED that I would be able to make it two more weeks. Well...by Thursday afternoon my blood pressure was 156/102 and my swelling was pretty bad. (I should have called the doctor then, because normally the bottom number would stay in the 90's at work.) I went home that night, put my feet up, and then went back into work in the morning. The next day, my blood pressure got up just as high and my swelling was ridiculous. I was hobbling by the end of the day. So I made the decision that I better call the doctor on Monday morning. I would never ever forgive myself if something happened to my precious Melanie. Her and my health need to be my first priority. Jarod came home from being gone all week and yelled at me as soon as he saw how bad I was. He wasn't trying to be mean, but I think it scared him to see how bad the swelling was. He told me I was not going to work anymore and that he would strap me to the couch if need-be. I called the doctor Monday morning to let him know what was going on, and he put me on bed rest for the rest of my pregnancy. So I am home until Miss Melanie arrives in May.
The progression of swelling...
Tuesday feet
Thursday feet
Friday foot




No comments:
Post a Comment