Friday, March 8, 2013

Luke: Six Months


It's hard to believe that six months have come and gone.  Our little man has been just such a delight to have around.  I'm obviously a little behind on this post as Luke will be 7 months in 7 days...  Poor second child.  Some of the things Luke is up to these days:
*He is officially moved into his bedroom.  He sleeps there from about 11 p.m until about 4 a.m.  I was making him cry it out for a bit.  But lately I'm a sucker and I go and grab him out of bed, bring him to ours and feed him.  So it's a step in the right direction.
*He is into grabbing everything.  His feet, toys, hunks of his sisters hair.  
*He is napping less and less.  I'd say he gets a good three naps in per day.  
*He loves eating big boy food.  He likes rice cereal, bananas, pears, sweet potatoes.  He wasn't as big of a fan of the green stuff.  (I will get these kids to eat their veggies at some point.
*He is in a size 3 diaper and 6 month clothing.

  
*The doctor wanted to keep an eye on his weight.  He went down on the charts weight wise from the last time he was in.  I still think he looks extremely healthy, but we are watching it.  And I will admit that I don't know how much longer I will be able to exclusively breast feed.  
*On that note.  After about six months of fighting it, he took his first bottle the other night from Jarod.  He has refused ever since.  But he did it once.  And I feel certain that if he gets hungry enough, he will take a bottle.  So that is a huge weight off of both of our shoulders.
*He's just beginning to tripod sit.  And I think he will be sitting within a month.  
*He loves his sister.  He watches her with such interest all day long.  When she pays him attention he babbles at her and smiles like crazy.  He likes to grab her.  Which she isn't the greatest fan of.  But we're working on her saying, "No, Luke."  Instead of the swatting at him to get away that she has been doing.
*Jarod is convinced he has the loudest cry any baby has ever had.  I will admit, he knows how to get our attention when he is unhappy.

As always, we are excited to see what this handsome boy has in store for us in the months to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment