Monday, February 20, 2012

A Day with Dad (Papa)

Oh, how I love days off work.  Poor Jarod didn't get the day off.  So it was going to be just Melanie and I today.  We headed out early this morning to my parent's house.  (My new home away from home).  My dad and I had discussed going to the History Museum the night before.  So after Mel's morning nap.  We headed to to go see the Civil War in Missouri exhibit.  I've been wanting to do this with him since I first found out about it.  He and I have always shared an interest in wartime history.  The Civil War is my dad's favorite.  It was a really interesting exhibit.  I think my dad knew most of the information, as he's read several book alone on the civil war in Missouri.  But we had a great day together.  I love to spend time with my dad and we rarely get a chance to do so.  It was a special day.  And I got out of the house other than work for the first time in a while.
Melanie eating pancakes this morning.  How cute is that kid!!!!

Uncle Tim was in town from school this weekend...  We had a dinner of tortalini and spaghetti before he went back this evening.  I think Mel has a new favortie food.  She LOVED the tortalini.  I think the spaghetti noodles freaked her out though.

It's awfully messy, but so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment