Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Visit from Grandma

This weekend Grandma Vickie came to visit.  We love getting to spend time with her.  She came to town Thursday afternoon and stayed for the weekend.  Jarod made it in around midnight on Thursday.  So he and his mom got to spoil Melanie while I was at work on Friday.  We mainly spent time at the house all weekend.  Did a lot of playing with Melanie, and we watched lots of movies.  We saw Contagion and I think I'll have a germ complex for the rest of my life...  On Saturday we went and drove through Lone Elk Park to see the buffalo and elk.  Then on Saturday afternoon Jarod had a "BIG" game to watch.  KU played MU for most likely the last time in basketball... (I think I have that right...)  The good guys won!  On Sunday the weather was gorgeous.  So we stopped by my parents to let Melanie swing in the backyard.  It was a really awesome weekend and we can't wait for our next visit with Grandma Vickie!


Playing with Grandma.  She had the best time!


This look cracks me up.  She does it even more dramatic.  One eye squinted.  I call it the evil eye.  Or the look of death.  She normally only gives it if you are telling her not to do something.  The other day we were at an Italian restaurant with my parents and Mel was eating bread.  She kept throwing her head back.  I was afraid she was going to choke on the bread so I would push her head back up.  She would fight me so much that she made her face red trying to lean back against my hand.  When I would tell her "NO!" she would give me this same squinted eye look.  We all were rolling laughing.  She did it three more times with the same reaction to "NO!" 

A buffalo at Lone Elk Park.

My lil' pebbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment