Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I'm up so....

I might as well make a little blog update.  After seeing my OB today, she decided she would like me to be admitted to the hospital for another 24 hour urine screen and more blood work.  She figured if all went well I could be home in 24 hours and the hope is/"was" to keep Luke baking for another week if at all possible.  So I walked over to the WEU and had myself admitted.  They took blood and hooked me up to the monitors.  Right away they noticed that I was having contractions.  They weren't big ones, but the doctor in the WEU wanted to check and see if and how far I was dilated.  Well, I was soft, but closed.  However, after he did the exam I started having some major contractions.  (This happened with Mel's pregnancy as well.)  However, with Melanie's I calmed down after about 45 minutes.  However, I didn't calm down.  So they decided instead of sending me up to anti-pardum for the evening.  That it would be best to send me over to Labor and Delivery so I could be hooked up to the monitors and they could keep an eye on my contractions and the baby.  The hope is/was for them to stop or at least spread apart.  After a few hours of intense close contractions...we're talking like every three minutes.  A L&D doctor decided she was going to check me again.  At that point and as far as I know I am 1 cm dilated.  So not much is going on...  Which is good!  So I decided to send Jarod home.  Poor guy was hungry and exhausted.  I am one lucky girl to have such a wonderful husband.  Both pregnancies when I've had issues, he's dropped everything to be with me.  Seems like this happened last pregnancy as well.  However, the second he's out the door and on his way things begin to get interesting.  They came in not even five minutes after he left and said that they needed to try and do something else to stop my contractions.  So they hooked me up to IV fluids in hopes that it would help.  This is the only intervention they will do at this point.  They don't give medication after 35 weeks to stop labor.  Also my blood pressure decided to rocket.  I was having headaches, but now I have a horrible persistent headache.  Not a good sign as my protein is already high...  I think my OB was just waiting for my BP's to get high enough...  They also took more labs..."just in case I needed to be delivered today."  Which they did earlier, so that has me wondering as well...  Why did they need to do two sets of labs?  So now, I'm not feeling all that confident that I will make it home tomorrow evening.  I'm still hoping and praying that I can let him cook a little longer.  I know this from my first NICU experience, that boys don't typically do as well as girls.  If I was having a girl I would feel more confident.  But those silly boys tend to be lazy.  So that's all I know for now.  We'll take things as they come.  I'm hoping if I need to be delivered for a healthy baby boy!
My 35 week 6 day belly this morning...

My mom brought by some necessities... And of course, Mel so I could get a hug and a kiss.  They didn't stay long as Melanie hadn't had an afternoon nap and was getting into everything!

My hard working hubs once we made it over into L&D



1 comment: