Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Looks like our baby boy might arrive sooner than we thought...

You would think that I would learn that things "never" go as planned.  I saw my OB today, after having some higher home BP readings the past few days.  Today was also my first day back to work as well.  I don't feel like I did anything super physical and actually was on my butt for most of the day in a morning meeting, and then getting paper work and forms ready for the classroom.  However, my feet ballooned as well.  So I wasn't feeling all that confident when I went into the appointment this evening.  We found out that I am spilling a 3+ protein in my urine and that I once again have preeclampsia.  So after only one day at work, I am now on strict bed rest.  I will also be doing a 24 hour urine count followed by blood tests.  Depending how these turn out, we will know if I need an immediate c-section or if we can wait a week until I am 36 weeks.  My doctor thinks if I can make it to 36 weeks it will make the difference between Luke needing a NICU stay or not needing a NICU stay.  I did a bit of panicking on my drive home...possibly shed a few tears.  However, after talking with my wonderful husband, we are going to be completely positive about this. Things have gone so much better this time around.  I have managed to stay healthy so much longer.  Chances are, I will have a healthy baby boy.  And if not...  Well, we've been there before and we'll do it again.  Look how perfect Melanie has turned out!  Plus, there is a HUGE difference in a 31 weeker and a 35/36 weeker. So for the time being, we'll wait for the results of my tests and hope for 36 weeks!
Until then, my mom is going to help out with Melanie.  Jarod is going to scurry to transition a "TON" of work to a co-worker.  (To say he has been busy at work is an understatement.  He hasn't worked under a 60 hour week since he has been in town.  He worked 70+ hours last week.)  And I am going to do my best to stay horizontal, on my side...per doctor's orders.

1 comment: