Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Day of November 27th

November 27, 2010

WHAT A DAY! I had been having some spotting and major cramping since the Tuesday evening before Thanksgiving. Of course, my doctor had been out of the office since Wednesday and would not be back until Monday due to the holiday weekend. So... I promised Jarod Friday night that I would go to the ER or Urgent Care if I had anymore spotting. Well, I woke up Saturday morning with spotting. So off to St. Claire we went. We both didn't want to be overreacting. But we also both felt like we would never forgive ourselves for at least not getting checked out. So, we spent 6 hours in the ER. I had blood tests, urine tests, both a vaginal and belly ultrasound, and an exam by the doctor. The baby looked good on the ultrasound. It was very active. The ultrasound tech was having trouble getting the measurements she needed because the baby was so active. It's so funny to see the baby moving around in there and I can't feel a thing. The doctor came back and told me that I had what they called a threatened miscarriage. From what we could tell, all that meant was that there was the potential for a miscarriage, but it didn't happen. I was told to go home and stay off my feet and that Dr. Boedeker wanted me to call him first thing Monday morning.
We got home from the hospital around 3 and my family was scheduled to come over at 5 for my Mom's birthday. Well, it got to be about 5:30 and I called to find out where everyone was. Mom said she was getting ready to leave. But that Christie and Dad were at the animal hospital with Sassy. Sassy has been having lots of problems for the past year. In the end, they put her to sleep that evening. So when Christie and Dad finally got to the house they were both really sad. Christie about the cat and Dad about how upset Christie was. Mike, Stephanie, and the baby were the first to arrive. Tim and his girlfriend Kaylee also came. And while all this craziness was going on, I ended up in the bathroom and couldn't stay out of it. I think I must have had some kind of allergic reaction to the shot of Rogham they gave me at the hospital. I ended up upstairs all night while my family was downstairs having dinner and a game night. So needless to say it was an eventful day.

To follow up on the hospital visit. I ended up seeing Dr. Boedeker on Monday. By this time my spotting had stopped. He told me to take it easy and gave me a few restrictions for a few weeks. Things are all fine now!

No comments:

Post a Comment