Friday, November 16, 2012

Luke: Three Months


My baby is three months old.  I feel like he is past that newborn phase.  He's certainly bulking up.  He loves eating.  He brings Jarod, Melanie, and I so much joy.  Melanie is growing into her big sister role.  Her new favorite thing to do is sit next to me on the couch while I am nursing.  She hands me things and tells me, "Thank You".  (She thinks this is what you say because when she hands me things I say thank you.)  And she gives Luke kisses.  She always kisses his belly.  He is a very loved little boy.  Some of the things Luke is up to at three months:
*He is wearing 3 month clothes and a few 3-6 months.
*He is wearing a size 2 diaper.
*Luke is still an awesome nurser.  He hates a bottle with a passion and absolutely refuses to take one.  We have been trying to get him used to one but so far have had little to no luck.
*Like I said earlier.  He loves to eat and likes to do it a lot.  He keeps me very busy some days.    
*He is still not sleeping through the night.  He wakes up at most twice a night to eat.  So we're working our way down.  But has never slept completely through the night.  I think the closest we have come it midnight to five.
*Luke sleeps in his rock n' play next to our bed.  His nursery is waiting for him.  I'm just not ready to transition him quite yet.
*He has become the biggest coo'er.  He loves to talk back at you.  I swear he mimics   I will say oh, then he will oh, then I oh, then he oh's, and so on...  It's adorable.
*He is very smiley.  He loves attention.  He's on the verge of a giggle.
*He will tolerate tummy time for about ten minutes and then he lets us know he's had enough.  His head control is getting better.  I posted about him rolling.  He had one day of rolling like crazy.  And then nothing.  He hasn't done it a day since.  It's crazy.
*He has begun sitting in his Bumbo seat this month. 
Every day he looks more and more like his Dad!




1 comment: