Sunday, November 25, 2012

Our Thanksgiving

We celebrated Thanksgiving a few days ago.  It's one of my favorite holidays.  I love the parades, the smells, time with friends and family, and reflecting on all of the amazing things we have to be thankful for.
I hosted this year.  I have been kind of taking over hosting for Thanksgiving and Easter when we aren't in Kansas City.  I love hosting holidays.  I love having family in my house.  I love the smells.  I love the craziness of the kids running around and screaming.  And most of all I love having my home filled with love and happiness!

I have so much to be thankful for.  My beautiful babies are my number one biggest blessing.  I absolutely couldn't imagine a life without them.  They make my world complete!  

I'm blessed with an incredible husband.  He is an amazing father and great provider.  I have the best family in the whole world.  My parents are more than amazing and always there for us.  I also got lucky and married into an incredible family.  My mother always says, friends may come and go, but family is for life!  We missed our Kansas City family this year.  We have the best friends in the world.  I realize this all the time.  I had the best time a few nights ago with two of my besties Traci and Jessie.  We sat and drank wine and chatted into the morning hours.  Evening like these are so good for the soul.  We also are so lucky to have the Pickert Family in our life as well.  We spend a lot of time with them and they are like family to us.  We love them dearly!  

I think about how blessed we are to all have good health.  Things could have certainly gone a different way with both of our children.  We have some good guardian angels looking out for us!  I truly believe that.  
As the fall holidays have wound down, we are beginning to look forward to the Christmas season.  I've got all of my indoor Christmas decorations up as of today.  The house smells like cinnamon and Christmas spices.  We have an appointment to see Santa as early as next Saturday.  Bring on everything Christmas.  We're ready!!!






1 comment: