Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The MIA Clarreys

It's been 13 days since my last post.  I never go that long without posting.  However, life is happening.  When I do get the chance to post, around 8 or so at night, I instead opt to drop my tired body into bed.  I attempt to read, get through maybe two pages, and doze off.  Life has been kicking my butt lately.  But in the very best way possible.  I woke up this morning with major back pain.  It feels like I pulled something.  Probably from carrying 15 lb. Luke on the front of me and a backpack on the my back for four hours yesterday.  With a stiff ten hours in the car.  So I'm sitting on the couch taking it easy this morning and am going to attempt to catch up.
I don't know if it's possible, but I think I realize more and more each day how so very much I enjoy and love my children.  Melanie is getting to just the most fun age I feel like.  She is learning something new every day.  Her vocabulary is growing with each day.  She is the most determined little girl I have ever seen.  Which I will admit, can be challenging at times.  But is also something I admire about her and love.  Luke's medication seems to be helping a bit with his reflux.  When he isn't having problems with the pain from his reflux, he is the happiest little boy.  It took quite a lot to get Melanie to smile at us when she was a baby.  She was more of a serious baby.  Luke just takes a comment in his direction, or a smile from someone and he grins from ear to ear.  He is a little talker.  You talk to him and he wants to talk back.  I can't resist him.  He looks up at me with his little eyes and I go to mush!

Here's a quick and dirty list of what we've been up to these past two weeks:
*Handling Luke's reflux issues.  (We've had some really rough days...)
*I had the pleasure of watching Melanie's friend Macie two days over the past two weeks.
*I also had the pleasure to watch Jake and Gwen.
*Trips to the park on nice days
*A mother, daughter, and Luke trip to Chicago to do some Christmas shopping for the day
*I have been working to get my house back to an organized fashion.  It's still a work in progress.  However, I feel like with my last pregnancy things really went down hill.  I have no problem keeping the house clean.  But organized is another story.  My goal is to be uber organized by the first of the year.
*I am also in the process of redecorating and painting our bedroom.
*Cleaning out our closets and making our twice a year donation to Good Will
*Jarod and I got out a night to a Trivia Night thanks to the Pickert clan, who watched our children for us.
*Getting Melanie acquainted with her new room and toddler bed.

Here are some random pictures from throughout the last couple weeks...



Things have been going pretty well with Melanie's transition.  Sometimes at nap she will get out of bed and throw things around her room.  Hence all the clothing on the ground in the picture.  She stays in bed for the most part fairly well.  We did find her right in front of her door asleep the other night and had to get a picture.


This is how things go lately.  Someone.  I'm not going to name any names.  Gets jealous when I am holding her brother and has to sit on my lap as well.  


Melanie had the best time the couple days she got to spend with her friend Macie.


That smile again.  He's irresistible!


1 comment:

  1. Love his smile! You can do it! Organization wise and just remember with organization... there is always tomorrow ;)

    ReplyDelete