Friday, January 18, 2013

Luke: Five Months


I can't believe this little guy has been a part of our lives for almost half a year.  We just love him so much.  Both of my kids bring so much joy!  He's beginning to get quite the little personality.  He's still my moody boy.  But I really have high hopes for him to be my laid back kid.  Melanie was a piece of cake as a baby. Now she is, we'll call it, "spirited".  So I'm thinking Luke may just be the opposite.  But who knows what these beautiful children have in store for us.  I'm having the best time learning more about their precious souls each day.
Some of the things Luke has been up to lately are:
*He's back to not sleeping through the night.  I had about a month where he slept from about midnight to six.  He's now back to waking 2-3 times a night.  I'm sure it has to do with my supply and his growing needs.
*He's consistently rolling from his front to his back.
*He can scoot himself in a circle to get to different toys.  And can grip and hold most small toys.
*He loves his activity saucer.  And he and Melanie play with it a lot.
*He's getting too smart for us.  He gets really crabby if he's awake and not being held or getting attention. Smart guy.  And he is so happy when he gets attention.  He smiles and giggles like crazy.
*He is constantly gnawing on his hands.  I don't feel any teeth yet.  But I think it will be any time now.
*We are still exclusively breast feeding.  And he still absolutely refuses a bottle.  (Like screaming bloody murder whenever you try and put a bottle in his mouth, refuses.)  We are working on it.  But so far have not found anything he will take.  I think I've come to the conclusion that I would like to tone things down at six months.  I still want to breast feed at times.  I'm not completely giving it up.  But I also would like to be able to do things for more than two hours at a time.  This has been a big commitment.  And don't get me wrong, one that I have been more than happy to make.  But it's getting close to the time to wean a bit.
* He is still sleeping in the Rock n' Play next to our bed.  Although I really hope to transition him to the crib any day now.  Hopefully, next month I will be able to report that he is happily sleeping through the night in his crib. : )
*Luke is in 6 month clothing.  And he is in size 2 diapers.  I have a box of size 3 diapers waiting for him.  He's ready for a bigger size.
*He loves his big sister.  She makes him laugh a lot.  He's always watching her play.






No comments:

Post a Comment