I love this. If Luke is on my lap, Melanie has to be as well. So I get to cuddle both of my babies.
I got into the Christmas spirit and started baking my Christmas cookies a little early this year.
This was just the kick off. There will be a round two. Plus for the last maybe 5 years I've been getting together with two of my girlfriends to bake cookies. The men got involved last year. And it looks like they want to be involved this year. It's now turning into a cookie baking competition.
Someone had had more cookies than she should this week. Here I feel like she's in a cookie coma.
Loving on her doggie. She has been loving him so much lately.
Love this. My classy lady. I was trying to get a picture of her Yoda slippers her Grandma Guth got her for St. Nicholas Day. I didn't even notice until after the fact that she had been picking her nose.
Shopping yesterday at Toys R Us for brother.
And then this happened on the while we were out. A huge hunk of metal in the tire.
It was cold and rainy. The jack that came with our, not even year old car, bent and dropped the car. I screamed. I was sure my husband was dead. (Overreaction, I know. But this is my biggest fear with changing tires.) Obviously there is something defective about the jack. Jarod tried once more and it did the same gosh darn thing. At this point we decided to call a tow. Jarod was convinced the car was very damaged at this point.
My mom came and grabbed the kids and I. Who were beyond scared, cold, and upset at this point. I needed to feed Luke as well. We are SO SO SO blessed that I have parents who will just drop everything they are doing to help us out.
As I was getting Melanie situated with her dinner. My Dad was holding Luke and explaining to him about the football game he was watching. Made my heart swell. We also got this cute picture. In the end, the tow truck was able to jack the car up. But actually needed to Jerry rig their jack to get the car high enough off the ground to get the spare on the car. Jarod drove it the 1/4 of a mile up the road to Walmart and they put a new tire on. We are lucky there wasn't more damage! It was three hours out of our Sunday that we weren't planning on. But that's life and it could have been worse. I am pressing Jarod to make a call to Glendale Chrysler/Dodge. What happened with the jack should have NEVER occurred. And was just SO incredibly unsafe!
Melanie doing her advent calendar. It's her thing with her Dad. They both love doing it together each day. I love that they have this thing to themselves!

No comments:
Post a Comment