Before steroids and breathing treatments.
Right before leaving she finally gave in and passed out. I took this pic while getting our things ready to leave.
The next day we followed up with her doctor. (Who I am obsessed with, by the way.) We love, love, love him. He mentioned that this is what he had expected from her last cold and flu season. And was pleasantly surprised that she did so well. However, he says she is finally acting the way he would expect a preemie to behave during cold and flu season. He expects her to get sick more often and more severely than kids born on time. (I hate that! But also try and tell myself how blessed we are that she doesn't have so many other complications from how early she was born!!!) So from now on, when she starts getting sick and her breathing gets bad we will be going into the doc or ER for breathing treatments. As this is not asthma related, we wouldn't be doing at home breathing treatments. The medicine they use is stronger and has to be administered at the doctor or ER. I'm glad we have a plan in place. However, hope we don't have to deal with this again!
She is certainly doing much better today. The steroids have opened her up! It's so nice to see her smiling again! Sick babies are the absolute worst!!!

Bless her heart :(
ReplyDelete