Thursday, September 1, 2011

Avocados

I am bound and determined to stick to my goal of making and feeding Melanie homemade organic baby food.  I'm sure that there might be times when we aren't home and I will have to use stuff from the store.  However, my goal is to feed her homemade food for the most part and if we are out and about it will be organic store bought.  I've been reading, Super Baby Food, by Ruth Yaron.  It's been a great resource for someone who is new to all of this, and to be quite frank has no clue what she is doing.  They have recommendations for first solids.  One of them is avocados.  I thought it was a great place to start.  They are high in good fats and I certainly think they are super yummy!!!  So today I pureed and filled ice cube trays with my blended avocado and formula concoction.  They were in the freezer for about two hours and then I was able to break them and put them in a big plastic bag.  Now I have perfect portions to grab out of the freezer as needed.  We tried the avocados out tonight and they were a big hit!  We'll stick with the avocados for about a week to make sure she doesn't have an allergic reaction and then I will add something new to her diet.  I think I will do a vegetable of some sort.  I am scared of fruits.  They are so sweet.  I'm afraid if I introduce them before veggies she won't have any interest in eating the vegetables when I finally do introduce them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment