Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Our Melanie Jane is 6 months old!!!!

Today, my sweet, gorgeous, beautiful girl is 6 months old.  I can't believe that she has been outside of my belly and a part of our lives for half of a year.  It has been the fastest 6 months of my life.  And absolutely the most wonderful, special time of my life.  I know that Jarod feels the exact same way.  She had a bit of a rough start, but she is just doing so incredible today. 

Some of her six month milestones are:
She is rolling over...(constantly)
She is eating puree's that I make for her specially with lot of love.
She is grabbing for things.  Which she immediately puts in her mouth.
She would happily spend her day licking, sucking, and gnawing on things.
She is not only giggling, but will on occasion belly laugh.
Her legs are ready to crawl, but her arms aren't.  She scoots herself across the floor with her legs.  Rubbing her arms and face into the carpet as she goes.
Her favorite thing in the world is standing on her legs.  If you sit her on her butt she will try and stand herself back up.
She was sick for the first time this month.

Here is my favorite picture taken Sunday morning.  We wanted to get some 6 month shots.  I may take more pictures this week.  And of course I will have to get the monthly sticker onsie shot.


We went to the zoo after I got off work today with my parents, sister, and nephew.  I had to do something fun with Mel today.  She's such a big girl.  Here are a few pictures from that excursion!

Mel and Aunt Christie checking out the stingrays and sharks.



Mommy and Melanie by the hippos.  My ABSOLUTE favorite!


No comments:

Post a Comment