Saturday, September 17, 2011

Melanie's 1st Doll

Jarod and I got out last night for an evening to ourselves.  We went to dinner on the hill and saw a movie.  We had a great time and had one of the funniest meals of my life.  (Only rivaling a few Hawaii meals we had.)  I was actually in tears I was laughing so hard.  We had some extra time after dinner and before the movie.  So we decided to go to Toys R' Us and look for a baby doll for Mel.  I have been picking her up at my parents house lately and she has been cuddling Christie's old Puffleump.  When Christie was little this was her favorite thing in the world.  It's a doll that has a plastic face and then pillow like body.  Melanie really seems to love it, so I wanted to get her her own puffleump.  Unfortunately, I don't think they make them anymore.  We did, however, find a baby Ariel baby doll.  It has a hard head, legs, and arms.  But her body is soft.  I was looking more for a completely soft baby, but I couldn't pass up the red-headed Ariel.  When we got home Mel was in bed.  So I gave the doll to her this morning and this is what she proceeded to do with it......

Someone has been teething big time...  All she wants to do is lick, suck, and gnaw on things.  Looks like baby Ariel is going to become a teether for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment