Monday, September 26, 2011

KC & "Legends of the Phog"

This weekend we headed to Kansas City to visit family and to also attend KU's "Legends of the Phog."  As an alum of KU Jarod is a HUGE KU basketball fan.  And I have to say after all the years I have watched it with him... It's kind of hard for me not to get into it.  How can you not root for a team that is normally so good!  (Plus, I think their mascot is just too cute.  Haha.)  The Legends of the Phog was a game that involved former "great" players.  Many of whom all went on to the NBA.  It was a really good time with some really good friends.  I also just really get a kick out of seeing Jarod enjoy the heck out of something.
Our little KU lovin' family before the game.  Mel stayed home with Grandma Vickie.

A sold out Allen Fieldhouse.

The NCAA 2008 National Championship Trophy.  Jarod actually attended the Final Four that year in San Antonio.

We also more importantly got to spend time with family.  Friday evening we had dinner with Jarod's entire family.  Grandma Angell made her mac n' cheese.  It's my favorite!  Saturday morning we went to the Overland Park Arts and Crafts Festival.  Jarod's cousin was there selling glass that he hand blows.  I bought a gorgeous pumpkin and Jarod got a paper weight for the office.  Sunday morning Jarod helped his mom put up a wall mount for her TV.  Then we all headed to the pumpkin patch. 

We all got a huge kick out of using sling shots to fling hedge apples.



Of course I got super excited about the pigs.  I had to show Melanie!


My beautiful lil' punkin'!
We had a great weekend.  It was waaaay to quick, but super fun.  


No comments:

Post a Comment