Saturday, March 17, 2012

Melanie's "First" First Birthday Celebration

Whew...  What a busy day.  I think the first time I actually sat down all day was around 7:30 this evening.  I'm one pooped prego.  But what a fabulous day!  We began our day with a visit to the Missouri Botanical Gardens.  The weather has been picture perfect these past few weeks.  I think the highs were in the high 70's today.  Although it felt warmer with the humidity.  We wanted to take Melanie's one year portraits.  Unfortunately she is just to the point where we are going to have a tough time getting her to look and sit still for photos.  I'm sure it just comes with the age.  So it kind of felt like an epic fail.  Although we had a great time walking around and enjoying the scenery and family time. 






We left the gardens right around the time some thunderstorms rolled through the area.  I had wanted to do a birthday dinner for Mel on her actual birthday.  Unfortunately, her dad will be out of town on her actual b-day.  So we decided to pretend it was today.  My parents and sister came over for dinner, cake, and ice cream.  Melanie particularly had a blast eating her own slice of cake.  And her Dad and I both kind of let it get out of hand.  There was cake EVERYWHERE.  It was hilarious to watch.  What great times!










The countdowns on... 3 days till lil' missy's first birthday!


1 comment: