Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Terrible Wife Alert!

Today while getting my calendar in order, I came to May.  I immediately wrote anniversary on May 20th.  As soon as I wrote it I realize that I was getting it confused with Mel's "March 20th" birthday.  I scribbled it out and wrote it on the 19th.  Then I sat there and stared at it, thinking that's not right.  Oh, Mel's due date last year was the 19th.  Then I was really second guessing myself.  I wrote Jarod a text and said don't judge me.  Told him about my confusion, and then said it's the 21st.  Right?  (Feeling super confident I had it right). 
This is the response I was given:
"Haha, WOW!  May 23rd, I believe.  I've forgotten before, no big deal."
I blame it on pregnancy brain.  But I agree with him.  WOW!

Speaking of pregnancy...  I had an ultrasound with a perinatal specialist today.  Baby Clarrey is looking amazing!  I am right on track for a due date of September 12.  Which means my c-section would be around September 5.  Jarod's birthday is the 6th.  I'm hoping we can push the c-section off a couple days early or late.  Baby C is weighing in at a whopping 4 oz.  And was one active little bugger!  They were able to see the gender.  At the beginning of the appointment they asked if I would like to know.  Ugh...  Of course I did.  Unfortunately I wanted to wait for Jarod to be there.  The nice tech who was doing my ultrasound said she would be happy to copy a picture out and put it in an envelope for us to open together at a later time.  So that's what I did.  I closed my eyes during the gender parts.  I was a good girl!  As soon as I got to my parents to pick up Melanie, I made my mom wrap it a few more times.  I wouldn't cheat...  But it's nice to have a bit more protection!!! ;o)  The tech said the gender was very visible.  So I asked if it was a boy.  She laughed and said she wasn't telling.  That all she meant is that she does this everyday so it was very clear to her what gender the babe is.  So I'm dying for Jarod to get home.  I'll have to wait until around midnight tomorrow night.  You better bet I'll be waiting up!!!!
Anyway, best thing to come out of today is that baby C is looking healthy and is growing the way he/she should be!  It's music to my ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment