Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Baby Clarrey will arrive...

on August 31, 2012.  As long as my Perinatologist will approve the date for my OB.  And of course, as long as the pregnancy goes as well as it possibly can.  As the summer is already jam packed with fun things going on.  I may have had a minor freak out moment yesterday after all of my appointments.  I hit Buy Buy Baby and Babies R' Us in a "I need to be prepared for this baby" panic induced moment.  And I think I have everything I need other than diapers and a double stroller.  Obviously we had most of the things we needed.  However, I figured we would pick up some things that aren't so "pink" for him.  Unlike his spoiled sis, he is only getting one of everything.  After that, we figure he can use his sister's things.  (The downfall of being the second child).
A picture of all of the loot bought yesterday.  And actually the video monitor is for little miss trouble.  Baby boy will get Mel's hand-me-down audio monitor.  So this upcoming week, the plan is to clean out the guest bedroom and get going on Melanie's big girl room.  Once that is finished I'll start on new babe's room.  I know what I want to do there.  Unfortunately, I'm at a loss for Mel's room...  
A photo from Monday.  My family came over and we went swimming.  This is of course, after I drove all the way to St. John's thinking my appointments were that day.  For some reason I had it in my mind that my appointments were the day after we got back from vacation.  I blame it on pregnancy brain.  Unfortunately I think it's just "Katie" brain.

Today Mel and I hit Soulard's Farmers Market.  We did this a lot last summer as well.  We were on the hunt for a big juicy watermelon and two tomatoes.  On the way out we saw bunnies in the window and watched them hop around.  Melanie got really excited.  So we decided to be spontaneous and head for the zoo to see more animals.  However, once realizing that we weren't going to be even able to pay for parking. We decided to wait for another day.  And next time get there when the zoo opens.  That way we can avoid the crowds by just staying a few hours.


1 comment:

  1. Don't you love how those "gotta be ready" for the baby attacks come out of nowhere? Although, yours are a little more justified than the rest of us crazies :) I had intentions of the video monitor this time around, but got cheap and just got Juneau a super cheapo on that has already had a piece break off, lol. Oh well, it works!

    ReplyDelete