This past week we got out of dodge and hit the beach. The perfect way to start out the summer. We are so blessed to be able to take the trips that we take. We headed for Orange Beach, Alabama and also spent time in Florida. Our trip was awesome. Just what we all needed. Lots of family time together. The only little hiccup that we had was that Mel seemed to come down with a stomach virus mid way through our first day. A few cups of Pedialite and quite a few diaper/clothing changes, and she was right as rain and ready to party. Our second day while driving around trying to let Mel get a nap in, we found the most beautiful Florida beach I have ever been to. Gulf Islands National Seashore, in Perdido Key. I would go back again in a heartbeat. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Sugar white sands, gentle waves, crystal clear water, no seaweed, and virtually empty. We loved that we felt like we had almost our own private beach. Other highlights from the trip were Melanie being the biggest water baby ever. Throwing her head into the water and giggling like crazy. One of the mornings we grabbed Mel out of her pack in play and we all fell back asleep together in bed. Kind of melted my heart! We walked down a large fishing pier and saw a whole school of rays swimming below. Along with sharks waiting for the fisherman to reel in their catch. And just had a blast hanging at the beach and pool. Jarod and I were sad to leave. I think that Mel was ready though. (She had a rough time napping in a room that we both were in as well). It was all and all a fantastic time! There is nothing better than spending time with my beautiful little family.
A few of my favorite shots from the trip and then a little movie I threw together because I just want to share all of our memories.
Waving at her Dad who was in the water.
After three days of virtually no nap. We got her to sleep on the beach. She had a three hour nap, which for her is absolutely CRAZINESS...
No comments:
Post a Comment