Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Mel's New Giraffe

My mom bought Melanie a new giraffe toy while we were out of town this past week.  I put it together this morning and she literally hasn't played with anything else all day.  The only toys she played with; she picked up and held to play with while sitting on the giraffe.
Learning how to use the giraffe.

Because she wants to do wheelies!

Look at that cute little diaper tush!

She's a little daredevil!  And one smart cookie.  She's learned that she can move it to the couch or ottoman and jump from the giraffe to those items.  Funny girl.
I swear she is getting cuter every day.  I love her so so so much.  She has become a giggle queen, especially at bedtime.  Along with the cuteness, we are starting to see some challenging behaviors.  She is in a biting faze.  I have no clue where it's coming from.  And I seriously hope it's just a faze.  She will get frustrated and bite.  She broke my skin the other day when I removed her from a situation we didn't want her in.  She also is very quick to get frustrated and whine.  I have been trying really hard to ignore this lately.  I think it's good to try and let her problem solve.  If she can't figure it out then after a bit I will help her.  However, I really don't want to get in the habit of helping her out the second she whines.  However, she is really a very good baby, biting and all.  We love her dearly!
I will say, she's our guinea pig.  We are learning every day.  Jarod and I are constantly questioning our parenting skills.  Hopefully we are doing what is right for her.  We are sure trying our best!



No comments:

Post a Comment