Friday, June 15, 2012

Summer during the week

I can't explain how very blessed I feel to be able to work part time during the school year and have my summers off.  It means so much to me to be able to spend time with my daughter.  I already know that I want to make sure that my kids have AMAZING summers.  Filled with tons of summer fun.  There is something so special about summer break for kids.  I want them to be memorable.
This week we had lots of unpacking from KC and getting ready for Father's Day to do.

I took these picture's for Jarod for Father's Day.  I put them in one of those three photo picture frames.
 
However, we also were able to fit in a couple fun things as well.  We spent the day Tuesday hanging out with Melanie's cousins.  I got to cuddle my new niece, who is just as sweet as a lamb.

Wednesday, we had lots of guests over to have a swim day.  My friend Cindy and her two girls along with an added child and my friend Linda and her granddaughter Andrea.  We had a great time getting in some grown-up talk time.  And the girls had a blast playing together.  Melanie loved the attention she got from the big girls.  And I could tell she wanted to be just like them.


I am still really struggling with taking pictures in the peak sunlight of the day!  I can't seem to get my settings right, plus I can barely see what my image looks like on the screen.  Plus, you know, I have a child to take care of and not a lot of time to fiddle with the camera ; )  It's a work in progress.  I'm always learning something new.
 
Yesterday, we went to visit Great Grandma and Grandpa.
Hanging in the backyard at Great Grandma and Grandpa Stege's house.
 
Next week we are going on a trip to Table Rock Lake with friends.  We're pretty excited.  I'm also so happy to have my husband home for another week.  First, I have a doctor's appointment Monday.  I have my glucose tolerance test and a rhogam shot to look forward to. ;o)  This weekend we are celebrating Father's Day.  We are going to the Cardinals/Royals game tomorrow and then Hurricane Harbor on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment