Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Third Trimester Baby!

Pregnancy: 27 Weeks:  Hello Third Trimester!

Weight Gain:  According to Dr. Ruggeri: 12 pounds.  According to Me: 16 pounds.

Gender: Melanie's getting a BROTHER!

Sleep: Not super wonderful.  I've been ending up on the couch a lot when Jarod is home.  Or just up in the middle of the night.  I'm getting enough though.  Just training for what's to come... te he!

Names: We still have not committed to anything.  My family lovingly calls him "General Akbar."  I guess he's a character from Star Wars....????


Feeling: I'm starting to feel pregnant.  Back aches, tummy aches, a bit of swelling.  However, I certainly can't complain too much.  I'm healthy!  I wasn't at this point last time.  Thank the lord!  Praying it stays that way.

Health: It's good.  Other than a bit of swelling, which is totally normal during pregnancy.  Especially during the summer.  BP is still wonderful!

Movement: OMG!!!!  This is another reason that sleep is hard.  I can't explain...  He's ridiculous.  Feels like he is up all the time.  Last night I actually got worried, and googled over active baby in-utero.  I was getting kicked like 3-4 times a minute, for at least 2 hours straight.  After letting Dr. Google completely freak me out.  I decided to use the Doppler and check his heart-rate.  When I realized it was at a normal rate.  I tried to stop freaking myself out.  But, yeah.  He's a SUPER active little guy!!!!

Cravings:  I haven't had many cravings this time.  However, lately anything slushy and cold.  McDonalds Strawberry Lemonades call me waaay too much.  As well as Frozen Yogurt.

Belly:
I am carrying him so much lower than I carried Mel!


Next Appointment: Monday.  I am starting down the weekly doc appointment train.

1 comment:

  1. You look so little still!!! ... I think I look like that today... 1 week after baby. Blah!

    And I totally craved the icee/slushie/cold stuff! Have you tried the Cherry Berry Chills at McD? They are AMAZING as well, and for a large I think its only like 350 calories too! 200 for a small!

    ReplyDelete