I'll start with the weekend. We started the weekend apple picking and celebrating Jarod's birthday with friends. We had a great time as always. Luke had his first major outing. Sunday we had planned to go to my Uncle's restaurant for dinner for my Grandma's birthday. However, while getting Melanie ready I noticed how hot she was. I took her temperature and she was 102..which within the next hour rose to 104. I decided to take her to the Pediatric Urgent Care. Other than a very high fever, they couldn't find anything wrong with her. The doctor said that a lot of times parents rush to get their kids seen and don't give whatever is cooking enough time to show itself. So we went home with no answers. Last night was rough. Between being up feeding Luke, I was taking care of Melanie. One point during the night she rose to 104.1 and Jarod and I both stripped her down and sponged her off in a luke warm bath...which only brought her fever down a degree, with Motrin. I decided to not let well enough alone and made an appointment with the pediatrician today. She was still very high at 103.6. Her doctor thinks she most likely has Roseola. And once her fever breaks (in 2-3 days,) she will have a head to toe rash. He also decided to get urine to make sure she didn't have a UTI. (Which is what I wondered about after a night of Googling.) They had to put a catheter in. And I had to hold my poor sick baby girl down while they did it. I think it was a traumatic experience for both baby and mama! ;o) Unfortunately she didn't have anything in her bladder. So they attached a bag and gave her a popsicle. The results of the urine they were able to get back from the bag was questionable. So they have sent it out to the lab to be further tested. Dr. Madden still seems to think she has Roseola. So only time will tell. They will call us if she does in fact have a UTI. Until then I'm just trying to keep her somewhat comfortable and working on cooling her down as much as I can. Poor baby girl. She's never been this sick before.
Luke's 1st Tummy Time
Luke's 1st official bath. Up until now we've only given him sponge baths.
My "sack of apples"
Luke looking at angels!
Before she got sick. She loved playing with my headband this weekend.
On our way to Urgent Care. Poor sick lady!
Jarod and I playing with Luke. He's in his sister's baby doll stroller!
My poor girl is not her vivacious self!














No comments:
Post a Comment