Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Luke

I realized that I never posted Luke's newborn photos.  I debated for months before he came if we should hire someone or just do them ourselves.  Jarod left it up to me, but he thought we could do them ourselves.  I think for our next baby I will be hiring someone.  You are supposed to take them within the first week.  And that time is so stressful.  Especially to a tired, hormonal mother.  I found the whole task stressful and wasn't thoroughly impressed with what we got.  In fact, there were so many other pictures I wanted to try and take.  However, I just gave up after the first couple poses.  Lesson learned!  The part I was unhappy with is the job Jarod and I did.  We aren't professionals and you can tell.  However, my little buddy is cuter than a button.  So that makes up for it.



And on another note:  Here is a picture I took of Luke today.  He is 4 weeks old, and today would have been his due date.  What a little stud muffin!

A quick Melanie update.  She has finally broken her fever.  It was pretty scary to see her so sick with such a high temperature.  However, she's almost completely back to her fun self.  I missed her smile the last couple of days!  I also was and still am very nervous about Luke catching her virus.  Our pediatrician informed us that if he were to get a fever of 100.4 or higher we would need to take him immediately to the ER to be seen and for a spinal tap.  Luckily I'm nursing and he told us that Luke was getting my antibodies which would make it much safer for him to be around sick Melanie.  And he must be taking up all of my antibodies because Jarod and I both now have cold/sinus stuff going on.  (I'd much rather it be us than our kids!) I do think its time to go around and Lysol and bleach tomorrow! 


No comments:

Post a Comment