Melanie seems to want attention while I'm feeding Luke. I've been giving her a ton of one on one attention in between feedings. It's funny when she tries to climb in my lap while I'm nursing. She screams at the top of her lungs for attention as well. (Not sad screaming, but attention grabbing screams.) She also had fun getting into the diapers and wipes at one point. I had fun cleaning up about fifty diapers after finishing with Luke one time yesterday.
Last night I had a rough night. Luke must be going through a growth spurt. He wanted to eat every hour to hour and a half. And after three weeks of little sleep, I'm ashamed to say I had a minor break down around 3 a.m. Then after hearing Melanie stir this morning, I went up to find that she must have taken her nightgown and diaper off at some point last night. She and her bedding were covered in urine! So she got an immediate bath, and of course her brother was downstairs crying because he's constantly hungry right now. After things calmed down I found the humor in the situation!
My mom came by and picked Melanie up for an outing to the Magic House. So I was able to get in a much needed nap. I feel like a new girl! The magic of getting sleep when you need it! And now I'm sitting here missing my baby girl. Can't wait for her to get home this evening for snuggles! I've been taking advantage of alone time with my little man. Giving him tons of snuggles himself.
One of my new favorite pictures of them. She's pointing at him and saying "baby"!
My little buddy is three weeks old today! He's starting to fill out. And is handsome like his Daddy!
In the bathtub this morning. Little stinker ;o) I wasn't even aware she knew how to take her own clothes off! What a mess!
I had to come back and edit this post to add pictures my mom took today at The Magic House! Looks like she had a blast!



No comments:
Post a Comment