Brother and Sister at the doctor's office together.
Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Two Doctor's Appointments
Yesterday both kids saw the pediatrician. Melanie had her 18 month check-up and Luke had a weight check since I am breastfeeding. Luke was 6 pounds exactly two weeks ago. He was 9 pounds 4 ounces at his weight check. Dr. Madden laughed so hard. And told me had nothing to say. He told me "fantastic" and that obviously my milk had come in! I can't explain how proud I am. This child hasn't had any supplements at all since we've been home from the hospital. Melanie got pumped breast milk but we were also putting Neosure in it to add calories. So I always knew how much she was getting and that she was getting plenty calories. Melanie is doing amazing. She is almost completely caught up to the 18 month milestones. She is a bit behind on motor skills, but she still gets to be behind since she was born so early. She is growing well. Dr. Madden did explain some of her murmur issues with me. When she was born she had three heart defects which should have all fixed themselves by now. He did a much better job of explaining what the cardiologist will be doing at her October appointment and what would happen after that appointment. And that's all I'm going to write about that. We will deal with the outcome when we need to. Until then, I'd rather not think about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey so I am totally being a creeper with this I am sure, but for me, AHEM :-) I totally think you should start blogging your weightloss journey (I saw your comment @ Growing with the gilmores) I am terrified of my post-baby c-section nursing work outs and would love to support you and get some advice while you are going through it! :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm really thinking about it. I told Kim she should make her Body after Baby a post that others can link up to. I wasn't worried about working out while nursing until I saw your comment. However, I did a little research...(KellyMom, my nursing bible!) And it seems like it should be okay. I'm going to refrain from any weights as I would prefer not to get clogged ducts. I had those with my firts and it's not fun! I'm just starting out, as I was just okayed to work out at my PP appt. last Wednesday. The plan for now is to work out 5 days a week. 3 days running/jogging. And 2 days of 30 Day Shred. Eating resonably. Just trying to be as healthy as possible. I'm not restricting this as I am nursing. I don't think that restricting calories as of right now would be healthy for the baby. But I am cutting out all fast food... And I'm going to desperately try and not drink any soda. Anyway, just thought I would fill you in on my plan. I haven't decided if I will blog on this or not as the blog is meant to be a memory maker for my kiddos. : )
Delete