Today you are 18 months old. I'm not sure how in the world we got here so fast. You are becoming such a "big" girl. With a fun, lovable personality that your Dad and I just can't get enough of. You are funny, adventurous, a little lover, independent, smart, and certainly vivacious!
You are beginning to do all of those things toddlers do. Like talking non stop. Some of your favorite words are: duck, Dada, baby, buh-bye, oh no, no no no, bankie (blankie), who's that, what's that, this, two, and three.
You aren't just walking, but now you like to run. Especially when Mommy or Daddy tell you it's time for "Ni-Night"! You like to watch TV when you are tired. You have three favorite shows: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, and Doc McStuffins. You love to eat fruit, pancakes, and chicken nuggets. You are a milk girl and don't care for juice much. Your Dad and I think you would live on whole milk if we let you!
You love to read. You spend hours a day sitting in your chair reading and bringing your Dad and I books to read to you.
Your favorite book is, Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb, by Al Perkins. It was also the book you chose to teeth on when you were a baby. You love the parts where we read "dumb, ditty, dumb, ditty, dumb, dumb, dumb!" And you do a little shoulder shake dance when we read that part. (Which always makes your Dad and I laugh.)
You are starting to get into pretend play. You like to be a little mommy covering up your baby and taking her for a walk. You like to talk on your pretend phone.
You emulate people around you. Like putting a purse on your arm like Mommy does and walking around the house waving and saying "buh, bye".
I think the most fun you have is when you are playing with other friends your age. You especially love your cousin Jake, and friends Whitney and Macie Pickert. When we are out and about and you see kids your age you like to jabber to them and smile. We are working on sharing with you. Sometimes you make your older cousin Jake frustrated when you take something that was his or pull something he has built apart.
You are such a girly girl. You love shoes and jewelry. You put on your pretend necklaces and bracelets and call them "titties" (pretties). Which always elicits a giggle from anyone around to hear. You love to dance. When you and I dance together you end up giggling so hard. You love to sit on your Dad's shoulders and think you are so big when you get to.
You have an adventurous spirit. And are extremely fearless. You are a tough girl. You don't tend to cry much when you get hurt. And not for long is you do cry.
The second I decide to unload the dishwasher or feed your brother you become Hurricane Melanie. You can make the biggest mess. You love to take things out! And when I get done with whatever task I'm doing and start to put some of your toys away, you follow me around telling me, "NO!" And pulling things right back out! Yesterday when I was feeding your brother you decided to go take a bath in Cooper's water bowl. And when I came to find you you were standing inside the bowl. You can be such a mischievous little lady!
You are learning about your big girl potty. You get to sit on it whenever Mommy needs to use the restroom. You like to flush the Elmo potty. Right now you are just getting used to it. Soon we will start taking off your pants and sitting on it. However, I won't push you to start using the big girl potty until you are two. (Unless you show me that you are ready. Then we'll go for it.) Mommy is ready to be down one set of diapers.
You are a great big sister. It took you some time to warm up to your little brother. And sometimes you still aren't very interested in him. You are a busy girl. However, when you do acknowledge his existence you like to give him kisses. You also like to bring him blankets and his soothie pacifier.
You are such a great little girl. Daddy and I love you with all of our hearts. We could not imagine a life without you! You are at such a fun age. You are learning so many new things every single day. You are constantly changing. 18 months to 2 years of age is such a critical time in your development. It will be so awesome for your Dad and I to watch you grow and change in the next six months!
We love you to the moon and back!
Mommy & Daddy





No comments:
Post a Comment