Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mike!

Yesterday morning we headed out with Grandma Guth to go get Melanie's Patty Cakes done.  Patty Cakes are a tradition in our family.  My Grandma had them done for all 5 of her girls, my mom had them done for us, and now I am doing them for my kids.  Melanie wasn't a fan of having her foot and hand pressed down into the mold.  And, I hate to say this, but she has a little bruise on her leg from where the lady had to press her leg down.  I was holding her, so I know that the lady wasn't being rough.  I think Melanie is just that delicate.  Poor thing.  After her Patty Cakes appointment, I rushed home to drop Melanie off with Jarod and headed back to the doctor.  I woke up feeling so much worse than I had been.  My sinus infection has gotten worse and the pink eye, (which she thinks is caused by all the mold in the air,)  is still not completely gone.  So I'm on more meds.  I feel pretty awful still today, so I am hoping to be better by "the big day!"  Shortly after I got back we headed to my parent's house for Mike's birthday.  Jacob got to play with his cousin.  He is always so shy at first and then he warms up to all of us.  He loves his baby cousin and it is so cute to watch him interact with her.  He likes to pat her head very gently and hold her hand.  He also blows her kisses.  Can't wait till she gets a bit older and they can be PIC's.  (Partner in Crime)

Getting ready to go see the Patty Cake lady!
My Patty Cakes.  I should have looked at the back to see when they were taken...  Melanie's will be at 8 weeks and 2 days old.

I have the smallest hands and feet out of my siblings.  We held Melanie's hand up to mine and it was so much smaller.

Jacob rubbing Melanie's head.

Jacob trying to hold Melanie's hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment