Our plans for today ended up not working out at all. We had planned on picking up Jacob from my parent's since Mike and Stephannie are still on their honeymoon. Then we were going to go to the zoo. When I got to my parent's to pick up Jake my mom realized that my Dad had the car with Jake's car seat in it at work. I felt so bad. He had his zoo t-shirt on and he was all ready to go. I tried to convince everyone to go to the pool, but no one was interested. They all thought it was too cold. So Jarod, Melanie, and I headed to the zoo. Well...I think everyone in St. Louis decided that it was a great day to head for the zoo. I think we were crazy to think that we would be able to go on a holiday weekend. We made a whole pass of the park looking for a single parking spot and were unsuccessful. I came up with the idea to head to Laumeier Sculpture Park. We had a really good time walking around the park and taking pictures of all the sculptures. The 13 year cicadas were out in full force. I am the type of girl who has no problem with bugs at all. They are more pests than anything. However, I will be the first to admit that for some reason cicada's freak me out. They are so big and gross. I hate them. I can't wait until they are gone. On our little walk I spotted a black snake on a tree and freaked out!!! I was so excited. Jarod snapped a picture of it. I wanted to touch it, but Jarod grabbed it's tail and it got angry and retreated back into the woods before I got to handle it. Oh well... After the park we headed to the mall to pick up a baptism gift. And this evening we are grilling out turkey burgers and watching a movie together. It's been such a great family day!!! We need to make time to do this more often.

No comments:
Post a Comment