Thursday, June 9, 2011

Melanie's 1st Trip to Kansas City

We headed to Kansas City this past weekend for our first trip to see friends and family since Melanie came along.  We had a fantastic time.  It was so fun showing off our little one to family and friends.  Melanie and I headed out Thursday morning and Jarod met us out there Friday afternoon.  I was nervous about doing the car ride out.  However, it turned out great.  Grandma Vickie, Rachel, and Aunt Joyce threw us a meet-the-baby shower.  Melanie got spoiled and was held by many many members of the family.  We also traveled to both of Melanie's Great Aunt's and Uncle's homes for a visit.  I was especially excited for Great Grandma Angel to get to meet Melanie!  We also met up with some friend on Sunday for lunch.  It was great seeing them.  I wish it could be more often.  Miss Melanie was pretty cranky the whole weekend.  She was really good during the times she really needed to be.  I think she is really having lots of tummy troubles.  It makes me so sad!!!  We did, have to stop twice on the way home to give her a bottle.  And she screamed from about Columbia to St. Louis.
Of course I packed the camera, but ended up using my phone to take pictures.  The quality is not great...oh well...

Melanie hanging out with Aunt Rachel on Thursday

Friday headed to meet her Great Aunts and Uncles

Sophia holding Melanie

Alex and Aunt Joyce playing with Mel

Uncle Mike holding Melanie

Daddy and Melanie being silly at Grandma Vickie's

Ready to Party!

Great Grandma Angell FINALLY holding Melanie.  She didn't want to at first because she said Melanie was too little.

Passed out with Grandma

This was a common site.  It's hard to be in a different place and off schedule.  Poor baby!

Our friends Joe and Jen Ford's daughter Jaelynn petting Melanie.  : )

1 comment:

  1. It was great to meet Melanie!! I feel your pain on that car ride. Last summer we went to Omaha and Jae would not sleep, so we ended up packing it up and heading home at 2:30 am. She screamed the ENTIRE way back to KC. Turns out she has an ear infection :(

    Hope we get to see you guys again soon!

    ReplyDelete