Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Pool

We had our first pool experience yesterday!  I fully expected Melanie to scream the second we stepped into the pool.  However, she seemed to like it, or at least was indifferent.  I could tell she really loved being held outside of the pool in the warmth of the sun.  I was a super protective mom and pretty much bathed her in sunblock before we went and made her wear a sunhat and long sleeved swim shirt.  And blocked the sun with my back which is why it is now as red as a lobster.  Jake had a great time.  I've never heard that kid laugh so much in my life.  Of course, his new favorite Uncle Tim was there to rough house with him.  Later in the day Melanie and I decided to go pick up Jarod from the airport instead of him taking a cab home.  I don't know what I was thinking.  We were cutting it really close for his 6:45 flight and so I didn't think there was any need to bring anything other than her pumpkin seat in.  (No diaper bag.)  His flight ended up delayed and we waited 45 minutes in the airport.  She screamed so I had to hold her and we had a code brown situation that I couldn't take care of because I had no diaper bag.  Next time I think we will let him take a car service or cab home!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment