I was so excited to bring Melanie down to "The River" for the first time this week. It is my favorite place ever! I have the best time down there and the best memories of being down there from my childhood. As we got close I started telling her how much fun we were going to have and all the fun things she will get to do when she gets a little older. We went down Tuesday morning and had to come back Wednesday evening because she had First Steps on Thursday morning. I got in some successful fishing, a walk with Melanie, and a nap on Tuesday. (Shh....We bed-shared at nap time and it was wonderful.) On Wednesday, we had a full house. (Grandma, Grandpa, Mom, Dad, Mike, Stephanie, Jake, Christie, Tim, Tim Flavin, Melanie, and myself.) Grandma, Mike, Stephanie, Melanie, and I took a walk to the spring. We made Mike take Stephanie down to stand in it for the first time. It is so cold it hurts to stand in. Timmy and I like to have competitions to see who can lay in it the longest. We also like to bring a watermelon down and stick it in there to get nice and cold. Later, Grandpa took Mike, Stephanie, and I for a boat ride. And after that Christie, Mike, Stephanie, and I floated down the river on inter tubes. What a fun two days. Melanie got spoiled by her Grandma and Great Grandmother. I can't wait until Melanie is old enough to get her first fishing pole. She can pull tons of sunfish out of the river!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment