Saturday, June 18, 2011

Lesson 2: ISO & Shutter Speed

I'm obsessed!  This could become a very time intensive and expensive hobby.  Especially since Jarod is really into it too.  Oh geez!  I have started to partake in a photography board and some of the other photography newbies have started these courses too.  They are on week three.  So since it will be fun to post pictures and get some constructive criticism from others going through this at the same time, I plan to catch up!  Plus, I can't put the camera down
Week two is all about ISO and Shutter Speed.  What I am understanding is that ISO is how much light you allow into the camera and shutter speed is how fast you freeze movement.  To demonstrate this, I took two pictures of the movement of water.  The faster the shutter speed the quicker it freezes the movement.  One of the photos you can see the water spraying.  The second you see water droplets because the shutter speed was much faster.


50mm lens, ISO: 400, SS:1/80


50mm lens, ISO: 400, SS: 1/1600

No comments:

Post a Comment