Thursday, May 3, 2012

Hello, May!

May has arrived. And it's brought with it warm weather. Jake has done nothing but talk about swimming. Unfortunately, we have a couple more weeks until our pool opens. So, Grandma and Grandpa improvised with a small kiddie pool in their backyard. Yesterday we took advantage and had our first "swim" of the season. The hose filled pool was freezing, but felt great after getting used to it. Melanie didn't like it at first, but we eased in and then she had a blast! Can't wait to get down to the River this year. Hope to make lots of weekday trips. We're also looking forward to a trip to the beach in a few weeks. I love everything about summer. Fall and Summer are tied as my favorite time of the year! There are just so many fun things to do! Also, had another doctor's appointment today. Everything is looking great. Baby boy is measuring right on track. No swelling and my blood pressure is still stellar. Dr. Ruggeri agreed with Dr. Bartlesmeyer that there is a strong possibility that I will not make it to 39 weeks. However, she was a bit more positive about it. She said it's a fantastic goal to work towards. I really am feeling so good. Other than a bit of discomfort sleeping. I've had to appologize to Jarod several times for being so cranky towards him in the middle of the night. Luckily, he is a heavy sleeper and never remembers my crankiness. I've been a little more than obsessed with my weight gain. I'm actually doing pretty good and as far as the "books" say I am right on track. But I'm really struggling with watching the scale rise this time around. So it was nice to have no weight gain since my last appointment. As long as baby boy is growing, I'm pleased with that. Trying to curb my unhealthy cravings and stay active. (I know, it's a ridiculous thing to stress about. I'm aware).

No comments:

Post a Comment