Sunday, May 20, 2012

Weekend in Photos

It was one of those weekends where we got a ton of things done around the house.  We aren't huge fans of housework on weekends around here.  However, there was yard work, errands to run, and odd jobs to be done.  I finally got my cabinet pulls installed.  I had been putting the job off since Christmas.  I finally hunkered down and did it.  Along with organizing a few closets upstairs.
Friday night, Jarod and I did get to go have a little Anniversary celebration.  We went to a new restaurant and then headed to Belleville, Illinois to the drive-in movie.  The drive-in was a blast.  We both hadn't done something like that since we were kids.  Grandma and Grandpa Guth kept Mel over night.  And I woke up about 6:30 Saturday morning wondering why I hadn't heard her and which one of us was going to take a turn getting up with her.  Then I remembered that we had the morning off, smiled, and went back to sleep.
What a great weekend spending a lot of casual family time together.
We like to call her our little "rooster" when her hair gets crazy like this.

Saturday night we celebrated Mike's birthday.



This afternoon we got in some water play.  Mel got in her little pool and screamed her head off.  We figured it was because she was by herself.  I ran in and threw on my suit.  As soon as I sat down in the water I knew what the problem was.  The water was beyond freezing.  I couldn't even stand sitting in it.  Poor baby.    So we decided to play in the water table instead.




Even with sunscreen on, we worried about too much sun.  So we took her inside after about 45 minutes of play.  She didn't thank us for it.  At least we know she LOVES her table!


No comments:

Post a Comment