Sunday, July 8, 2012

Fourth of July 2012

We kept it pretty low key this fourth.  As I assume many people did due to the extreme heat.  Besides the heat, many firework displays were cancelled due to the fire danger.  Our subdivision asked that people refrained from fireworks and our county is under water restrictions.  We had to stop watering our lawn.  So the only thing that even sounded slightly fun was a day in the water.  So we hit the pool and then ate lots of great food.  We did set off a few small fireworks.  We did two fountains and some sparklers.  Things we figured didn't pose a fire risk.  All in all a very relaxed 4th of July.
Jarod bought another new toy.  A Cannon 10-22 mm lens.  So we had fun playing.

30 Weeks and starting to feel reeeeeeeally pregnant.  Can't wait to meet Mr. Lucas.  It's so so soon.

Don't know why I waited until I was 30 weeks pregnant to start the process of moving Melanie to a new room and starting the nursery...but I did.  This is our guest bedroom which now will be Melanie's.  It's a start.  Not even close to finished, but at least I got it painted and the new furniture delivered and set up.  Now to decorate.  Then on to Luke's room.  I was very lucky that my wonderful sister came over and helped me paint.

So hot on the fourth that we let Mel spend the morning in her diaper.

Hanging in the baby pool with the Pickert family.  The main pool was packed.  I think everyone else had the same idea as us.  Stay as cool as possible on such a HOT day.

A backyard fountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment