Friday, July 13, 2012

A Week in Photos

Monday my friend Emily came over for a pool day with her cutie pie Adam.  Adam is 6 months old and Melanie was fascinated with him.

After another trip there was a lot of cleaning to do around the house.  Melanie helped me out with the dishes.  My wonderful mother came over one day to help me with moving all of Melanie's things to her new room.  I got most of the decorating done.  And other than her toddler bed, it's ready to go.
We made a trip to the local farmers market.  I went a little crazy...  But it all looked so delicious!
I made some AHmazing kabobs with the produce and some chicken.  I've been doing a lot more cooking the past two weeks.  (Now that the company has finally filed for bankruptcy, I can finally let the cat out of the bag.)  Jarod lucked out and was able to switch from the Kodak bankruptcy to a new one here in St. Louis!  It's a dream come true for our family.  I'm one happy lady.  And of course, the timing is perfect with Luke's arrival just 6.5 weeks away.  So we've been eating dinner together...  Even though it's not until he gets home which is usually pretty late.  I'm more than happy to wait ;o)
Melanie has learned how to climb up on the ottoman and couch this week.  She's been keeping me on my toes.
Yesterday, I had my weekly appointment with Dr. Bartlesmeyer.  He was running extremely behind.  I waited an hour and a half to be seen for about 5 minutes tops.  After which we went to my Grandparents house to visit with my Aunt Bobbi and my cousins Ana and Mira before they headed back to San Francisco.  We hit Crondolet Park.  Melanie was for some strange reason scared of the swing.  She's been coming down with a cold, and I'm hoping that this was all it was.
I stole this picture from Cindy's blog.  Addie, Melanie, and Katie at Grants Farm.

Today we met my friend Cindy and her two girls at Grants Farm when it opened.  We got there early to try and beat the heat.  Unfortunately, it's just plain HOT no matter what time.  Melanie LOVED the goats.  She wasn't afraid and was constantly grabbing them.

I love this.  I didn't realize I even had this photo until we got home.  This crazy goat decided Mel's bow looked tasty and ate it off her head.

Feeding the goats milk.

Taking a break eating goldfish while the big girls had their snow cones.
After all that heat, we of course had to hit the pool.  Melanie still isn't feeling great.  She's been a snotty mess.  I'm starting to dread the start of the school year.  I am just enjoying my time with my baby girl too too much.  








1 comment:

  1. Yay! That's great that Jarod is home! So happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete