Saturday, July 21, 2012

Melanie Day

Jarod and I decided to declare today "Melanie Day".  Of course, everyday with our beautiful girl is special.  However, we wanted to take one day before her whole world is rocked and do fun things with her.  Pretty much spoil the crud out of her.  We made a list of the things we wanted to do.  Which included: cinnamon roll breakfast, Onondaga Cave State Park, Happy Meal lunch, finger painting, a trip to Toys R' Us, homemade pizza dinner, and a glow stick bath.  However, since there are only so many hours in a day we had to make a rain check for the finger painting and homemade pizza dinner.  She ended up having cookies and milk for dinner and Jarod and I had left overs...
Her first time eating cinnamon rolls.  They were a hit.  Between the two of us we polished off the pan.  (I'm only willing to admit this since I am pregnant.  I had a TON).

 
We realized that the cave really ended up being a mommy and daddy outing, and not so much a Melanie outing.  She ended up screaming and whining for about half of the hour and a half tour.  I think our tour guide "loved" us.  She at one point mentioned how she was sorry she had to be loud and that she was having to be competitive.  We did a lot of shhh'ing.  At one point when we were near the center of the cave, the guide turned out all of the lights.  If scared the bejesus out of poor Melanie.  It made me nervous, so I can see why it would scare her.  If I had really been thinking we would have made a trip to the Magic House instead.  Oh well.  When we weren't stressed with trying to quiet Melanie, Jarod and I really enjoyed the cave.  It was gorgeous.





After the cave we hit McDonald's and had lunch when we got home.  Melanie and I were exhausted so we both took a nap.  As soon as she woke up we headed to Toys R' Us.  By this time it was getting late.  So we knew we weren't going to get to do everything on the list.  We decided Melanie needed a "Big Sister" present.  So we bought her a Buzz Lightyear Power Wheels.  (I mean talk about being spoiled).  We are going to charge it overnight so she can hopefully play with it tomorrow.  
After our trip to Toys R' Us we did the glow stick bath.  Jarod and I agree it was by far the coolest thing she did all day.  And by far the favorite.  It was hysterical.  She "oohed" and "ahhed" the entire time.  There was happy squealing.  Tons of waving the glow sticks around.  And splashing that we have never seen from her in the tub.  She had a BLAST!  I can't lie.  It was pretty enjoyable for Jarod and I as well.  What fun, to watch our daughter have such fun.


We had an amazing day.  We love our baby girl so much.  She brings so much joy and happiness to our lives its unreal.  We are so blessed to be her parents.



No comments:

Post a Comment