Monday, July 9, 2012

Stege Family Reunion

We packed up and headed for the Lake of the Ozarks for a family reunion the day after the 4th.  We did this 10 years ago for my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary.  So we decided to do it again 10 years later for their 60th.  Last time we all stayed at a huge cabin near Rocky Mountain National Park.  This time, as my grandparents are of course a bit older, we decided to stay closer to home.  Which worked out well for me.  If it had been any farther, I'm not sure I would have felt that comfortable traveling this close to my due date.  As my mom is one of five girls, and there are 17 grandchildren with families of their own; we had quite a crowd.  We all stayed at the same large house at a resort.  I wish I could say I would recommend the place we stayed, but I can't.  However instead of going into the myriad of complaints I'll just say that we all were able to stay in the same place and spend time together.  So that's what is important.  It was so nice to spend time with family that I don't always get to see.  Melanie was a hit with some of her older second cousins/ cousins once removed.  {Does anyone really care what the correct term is???}  They had fun pulling her around the pool.  We spent a lot of time in the swimming pool.  The water was much cooler than the lake water.  And the weather was HOT.  I think Friday it was 108.  I finally got out on the boat twice on Saturday.  One time with some of my cousins that are around my age and my Aunt Bobbi, Uncle Chris, and cousins Ana and Mira for a boat ride and swimming.  The second time with my immediate family, my cousin Erica, and my Aunt Bobbi, and cousin Ana.  The second time we went out a big storm blew in and we ended up cutting it short just in time.  Lighting was hitting the water right by us and the wind was insane!  I haven't ever seen anything like it.  Saturday night the resort put on a fireworks show.  We weren't expecting much, but were surprised with quite a decent show.  It was a fun time.  However, I am happy to say we are done traveling until Mr. Luke arrives.  To say that I was comfortable while on this trip would be a huge lie.  So we're home for a bit.  There is so much to be done before his arrival anyway!  However, we had a great time traveling this summer, and are so blessed to be able to have so much time to do fun things and spend family time.

I actually got a little worried that they were going to swamp her.  There was a bit of a fight over who got to pull her between Matthew, Sierra, and Tyler.  Between my sister and I, there was always an adult near.

Tyler playing with Melanie



My cousins Erica, Mira, and Ana is on the Whale

Asher and Jack playing in the pool


Little mama Sierra




No comments:

Post a Comment