Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Getting ready for baby!

I made an enormous list a few weeks ago of things that I needed to get done before Luke made his arrival.  Slowly but surely we've been chipping away at that list.  There are still a few things to be done.  But I'm feeling much better about things.  I didn't have time to prepare for Melanie's birth.  In no way, shape, or form did I think I would be hospitalized at 29 weeks or have a baby at 31.  So I really wanted to be ready this time.  I did have a minor freak out last night when researching, {Yes, that's right.  Researching!} what I needed in my hospital bag.  I realized there are still quite a few things I don't have that I do need.  I mean, who forgets to buy their child socks...  I also realized, that I'm going to need to have not only a bag for myself and Luke.  But, that I will need a bag for Melanie ready.  So as I'm beginning to feel a little more ready for baby, I still realize there is more to get ready.  
Here we are.  Luke and I.  33 weeks along.  2 weeks further than Melanie.  I feel more and more confident every week that adds up past 31.  I had an ultrasound on Monday and he is weighing in at 4 lbs. 7 oz.
I'm not the only one getting ready for Luke's arrival.  Melanie had been rocking her dolls in the swing.  I'm sure she's learned this from watching her cousin Gwen at Grandma and Grandpa's.  I only wish she would be less rough.  She throws the swing as hard as she can.  And at times throws the babies out of the swing.  We're trying to work on being "gentle".
I've also noticed a huge change in her in the past couple of weeks.  She's become a huge "lover".  She wants to cling and cuddle all the time.  

She is now getting on the couch by herself.  If I'm on the couch she will pull herself up so she can just sit on my lap either cuddling or playing with a toy.  She's always been such a Daddy's girl.  And she's definitely changed to a Mommy's girl lately.  And as much as I love it, and am eating up every second of it right now.  I worry that it might be a problem when her brother comes along.  He will be getting lots of Mommy attention, as I will be his only feeding source.  I pray we don't have problems!
But everyone is getting excited at the Clarrey household.  Only 5 more weeks until we get to meet our new loved one!


1 comment:

  1. LOVE that dress! You look awesome!

    And just wanted to say... we have that swing too, and Leah plays with it all the time and always messed with in when Em is in it and it is killing the motor. Brian's cousin had the same problem when his girls and they called Fisher Price and they sent them a new motor to fix it! I think we will be giving them a call soon too since when I put it on the 5th level it barely moves back and forth....

    ReplyDelete