That's right, n
ine month appointment. I can't believe she is going to be nine months in a few short days. We had First Steps yesterday and her nine month appointment today. I am quickly learning that we are a bit of a standstill on development. She was chugging right along the first couple of months and catching up. However, the last couple of months we are starting to see that preemie delay that we kept being told about. At the doctor today I had to say no to not one or two of the development questions he asked. I had to say no to all of them. Talk about worry!!! He told us not to worry that most preemies catch up by two years. I think we've heard this about a million times... but it doesn't always help us not to worry anymore than we do. I'll keep working with her. Another thing she is really behind on is eating. (Which is absolutely our fault.) She needs to be eating solids at least 2-3 times a day. Right now it's more like once a day on week days when my mom does it. We are TERRIBLE about it at home. She also should start trying to use a sippy cup. Just to get used to it. So we have our work cut out for us.
Before our appointment today I gave Melanie smashed up bananas in the hope that she would feed herself. She did a bit at the very end. But for the most part just played with it. I gave her a rice husk and she was able to feed herself that. I think because it's bigger.
Really! You want me to touch this stuff...
She loves Num Nums. Especially choking herself with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment