Friday, December 30, 2011

Farewell, 2011

I think the way I would describe 2011 is the year of complete extremes.  It's been one hell of a rollercoaster ride.  By far the absolute BEST year of my life to date.  By far the most emotional year to date.  Definitely the most stressful year to date.  Most importantly this year has been filled with more love and joy than I have ever felt in my entire life x 2. 
I was pregnant for the first time this year.  I spent a good amount of time in the hospital and in doctor's offices this year.  I gave birth for the first time this year.  I had a daughter in the NICU for a month and six days this year.  I watched my daughter overcome amazing obstacles that most babies never have to handle.  I've watched her grow into the beautiful, bright, chatty, smiling, active, joyful baby that she is today.  I've watched my husband become the most amazing father our little girl could ask for.  Watching him with our daughter brings me more joy than I can possibly describe! 
I count my blessings everyday.  And the Clarrey's are VERY blessed.  We have some good guardian angels watching over us.  I love thinking back on all the good times and the bad we've had throughout the year.  I'm looking forward to 2012.  I have a sneaking suspicion it's going to be another big year full of lots of cha cha cha changes!
I am now going to try something that is going to be incredibly hard for me.  I am going to recap the year in photos.  One photo per month.  (That's right, one photo...)

JANUARY

23 weeks pregnant here.  Little did I know that in 8 short weeks we would be a family of 3.  January is the month where I went from a normal pregnancy to a pregnancy full of swelling and high blood pressure.  (Which eventually turned into severe preeclampsia.)

FEBRUARY

A Valentine's Day I will never forget.  At this point my health was declining.  We had been to the movies a few weeks prior and I for some reason felt myself swell as we sat there.  I was almost on the verge of leaving out of being so uncomfortable.  I looked so puffy when we left.  It was so strange.  I don't know why it happened.  And anytime I was in the least bit active my blood pressure would soar!  So we did our own version of a home movie theater.  We laid in front of the T.V.   Snuggled together.  And watched a movie while eating all sorts of movie theater candy and popcorn.

MARCH

Melanie Jane Clarrey was born March 20, 2011.  Two months premature. 
2 lbs. 10 oz. and 15.3 inches
Absolutely PERFECT

APRIL
Going home.  Probably the most joyful day the entire year.  No incubator, no tubes, no wires, and no IV's.  No one telling us when we could touch or hold OUR daughter.  She was utterly and completely ours.  (Not that she wasn't before.)  She fought and fought and fought.  She came home to us 3 weeks earlier than originally thought.  She was and is just so incredible!

MAY

My first Mother's Day.  I was still supposed to be pregnant.  What a wonderful feeling to not only be a mother on that day.  But also to have my tiny girl home and in my arms!

JUNE

Our first trip to the pool.  I've always been a big water baby and I couldn't wait to introduce my daughter to the water!!!

JULY

Melanie is baptized.

AUGUST

No big deal.  Just jumped out of a plane.

and...I'm breaking my rules...

Rules are made to break ;o)  Our first family vacation to Florida.

SEPTEMBER

The weather turned cooler and we started spending a lot of time outside.  On this particular day we were in Forest Park for the Great Balloon Race.

OCTOBER
Our little pumpkin's 1st Halloween!

NOVEMBER

A family wedding brought us back to the beach in Florida.

DECEMBER

Melanie's 1st Christmas

**Later today or tomorrow Jarod will post his review of the year!!!**






No comments:

Post a Comment