Friday, December 23, 2011

Melanie is 9 Months Old

Melanie turned nine months old a few days ago. She is getting to be such a big girl. The time she was growing in my belly is now less than the time she has been outside giving us so much joy. (actually much less since she was two months premature.)  I absolutely couldn't envision a life without her. On my worst days her smile can make me forget about all of my troubles. I love getting one of her big gummy smiles everyday when I walk into my parent's house after work. I think back to where she started nine months ago and I am in awe of the strength and determination she has shown. She is a little fighter.

Here are some of her 9 month stats and favorite things:

Weight: 17 lbs. 1 oz. (She is in the 12th percentile)
Height: 27 inches (She is in the 8th percentile)
Head Circumference: 43rd percentile (We always get a little chuckle from the doctor about this stat)
She is still eating puree's and formula bottles. The last few days we have been trying to introduce some chunkier substances that she can try and pick up on her own to eat. Hopefully by next month there will be more to report. Jarod and I are behind in what we are feeding her. She did eat quite a bit of strawberry cake at Aunt Stephanie's birthday celebration a few weeks ago.
Within the last month or so we have completely eliminated her swing. She is on a very regular schedule. She has a morning and afternoon nap and sleeps through the entire night. She does a ton of playing through out the day. And she is just one of the lowest maintenance babies around.
She is able to hold herself in a crawling position for a while and even rocks back and forth. (Although I will be surprised if we will be able to say she is a crawler by next month...)
We had to lower her crib out of fear that she will pull herself up soon.
She has also become the giggle queen this month. She is purposefully vocal. She babbles back at you or at you now. If she is looking at a stuffed animal or her image in a mirror she will babble at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment