Friday, December 9, 2011

Our Christmas Card Picture

Christmas card pictures were always a big deal in our family.  My first Christmas card picture was a picture of me, (baby 10 months) sitting on a rocking horse with old fashioned red pajamas and a stocking hat.  I can remember as a kid always dreading picture day for our cards.  I think all of my siblings did.  He he.  I think it's a parent's prerogative to put their kids through what seems to them "hours and hours" of Christmas picture abuse.  One session I particularly remember is when my parents set up Santa's Workshop.  Each of us was dressed as an elf in matching outfits.  Then we were instructed to pretend to hammer toys while smiling at the camera.  Good times!!! 
So imagine my delight when I realized that I could put my daughter through the same kind of fun loving torture.  Fortunately for her, it ended up more like playtime.  And ended up being more like torture for mommy and daddy.  Here is what we ended up with...  And a few runners up.  I'm not completely pleased with the editing.  However, I think they turned out pretty darn good.
Our official 2011 Christmas Card picture

Part of me regrets not using this photo instead.  It's one of my absolute favorite pictures of her EVER!


1 comment:

  1. 1-pretty sure we should see that elf pic :)
    2-so cute
    3-love her baby chub!!

    ReplyDelete