Pregnancy: 17 weeks
Weight Gain: I'll find out tomorrow, but I bet I'm going on 10 lbs.
Gender: A Boy!!!! (Now we have one of each)
Sleep: Pretty good. Last night I was up for about an hour. Seems like when I get up to use the bathroom I can't get to sleep again well. It hasn't really bothered me though.
Names: Who knows. He probably won't even have a name when he comes out. He does have a middle name. David after my dad.
Feeling: Wonderful
Health: Well, we'll see. I'm waiting on some tests to come back from the perinatal specialist. I may be needing daily heparin injections in my tummy. (Anything to help baby boy stay in there longer.) Right now I am taking a baby aspirin to thin my blood and hopefully help slow down the damage that is being done to the placenta. I had a bit of a wake up call when talking with the specialist a few weeks ago. He said the goal was to keep baby boy in there until 35-36 weeks. He also said he has no doubt I will have some same issues as last time. He said it's just a matter of when. He said if I was a "normal" pre-e patient, he would have no problem saying that I may not get it this time. However, having it so severe and so early is another story. He said there would be no "hanky panky" this time, and if baby was viable they would be doing a c-section when I came down with pre-e. He was a good doctor and seemed to know his stuff. I just didn't love the stuff he was telling me. Jarod's response was that he doesn't know everything! So I'm trying to keep that in mind. And am SO hopeful for at least 37 weeks. I have this dream of getting to hold my baby after birth. Getting to keep him in my room, feed him myself, and take him home with me when I'm discharged. God doesn't give us anything we can't handle. So what will be will be. I understand that.
Movement: I'm feeling movement and kicks. Not all the time. But they are there. I love it. Jarod can't wait until they can be felt from the outside.
Belly: Always growing!!!
Next Appointment: Tomorrow. Jarod is flying in for this one. It was the one where we thought we would find out baby's sex. He's going to get to meet Dr. Ruggeri, who I really seem to like so far. And we get to do the whole ultrasound thing. Including 3D. Whoo hoo. It's the big ultrasound where they do measurements and make sure everything is looking really good. Although, in all honesty, I will be having lots of these big ultrasounds. They are going to be watching baby's growth, my fluids, and the health of my placenta like a hawk. I will be seeing the specialist once a week beginning at 20 weeks. And Dr. Ruggeri at least every 2. Ultrasounds will be every other week. And I'm not complaining. It's very reassuring to be watched so closely, and I love seeing my baby boy!!!!
Melanie Update: We are seeing the doc again at 2:30. I'm worried she actually has Fifth's Disease. It sure looks a lot more like that than Chicken Pox. I absolutely could be over reacting. However, there's no reason to risk it. Fifth's Disease could affect her growing brother. So better safe than sorry! I still feel terrible for her. There's not a whole lot I can do for her other than try and give her emotional support when she's sad. (It hasn't been an easy couple of days on either of us).

No comments:
Post a Comment