Monday, April 16, 2012

Long Vegas Weekend

Wednesday afternoon Jarod and I, both from separate locations, headed to Vegas for a friends wedding.  Jarod's college friend Ryan was married on Friday at the Wynn.  I say this every time friends get married.  But it's really nice to see people we love so darn happy. 
It was a seriously fun time.  I won't lie, I had my doubts.  Being pregnant in Vegas and all.  But it really was a fun time.  Mainly due to fun times had with good fun friends.  Everyone headed home Saturday morning, but Jarod and I decided to stay one last day for ourselves.  We did a bit more gambling.  (Because we hadn't lost enough money yet).  Had a really nice dinner at the Bellagio.  And checked out the fountains one last time before heading home. 
I had some yucky travel delays coming home.  But there's not much you can do about mother nature.  I was so happy to see my baby girl.  It was my first time away from her.  Grandma Vickie traveled to St. Louis to take care of her for us.  We can't thank her enough.  I know Melanie had a blast and was spoiled by her Grandma. 
I only have a few cell pictures from the weekend.  I decided not to haul the camera bag.  (I know, crazy!)  I was excited to travel with just the bare minimum this time.  The last couple times I have flown I have had all sorts of crap including strollers, car seats, and tons of baby gear.  Plus I figured we wouldn't be hauling the camera around the strip anyway. 
Jarod and I after the nuptials.

They rented two limos to take the wedding guests up and down the strip after the wedding reception was over.

The Vegas Sign.  Terrible picture.

Hoover Dam from the plane.

The Grand Canyon from the plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment