Sunday was Melanie's big first birthday bash. It was a great time spent with lots of really special people. We are so thankful that everyone made it to the party. It meant so much to all of us. All the big kids seemed to have a great time running around together. Melanie was spoiled to death. We're going to have to find places for all the great presents she got. It will be a day to remember always!
Melanie ended up coming down with a fever and what we thought was a rash on her tummy later Sunday night. She had her immunizations about 11 days prior, and I wondered if it was the MMR causing problems. When I pulled her out of bed this morning she was covered in spots head to toe. About ten minutes before I got her out of bed I had a phone call from a coworker. She was having a very serious family emergency. So I knew I needed to get to work for at least an hour or two. When a parent dropped her daughter off she mentioned that she had red spots all over her body that she thought were chicken pox. She said they had noticed it last week and the school nurse didn't think they were. Well... as soon as the nurse got in for the day she checked the little girl and realized that they now looked like break through chicken pox. I left as soon as relieved and took Mel straight to the pediatrician. He said he could not confirm that they were chicken pox or not. He said they very well could be. However, he could confirm that it wasn't from the MMR vaccination but that she was extremely contagious. He said to call all of the party guests and that my sister and law and I needed to call our OB's. So I got to call all of our guests and say that we may have sent them home with more than a cookie party favor. I also called up to work and let them know that I would be out the remainder of the week. When I talked to them they mentioned that they sent another little boy home with chicken pox. YUCK! I think its safe to say that it is for sure chicken pox. So I see a lot of benydryl and oatmeal baths in our future. Poor thing really is covered and it seems to be getting worse all day. She now has them so bad they are on her scalp as well as everywhere else. She's itching like crazy and I just have no idea how to stop a 1 year old from itching. (Socks with rubber bands...;o) Luckily she has been doing a lot of sleeping. It is almost 5 and she has been down since 2. Poor poor baby girl!!!!
Best Buddies. Melanie and Macie!
I made her Minnie cake. I wish the black could have come out better.
This is when we started to realize things weren't right with Mel. She laid on her Daddy like this for about 20 minutes on her own accord.
Playing with her new water table.
She loves all of her new gifts but seems to really gravitate towards her new kitchen. Thank you Pickert family!
Happy as a lamb about being at the doctor. The iPhone camera sucks. She is covered even though you can't tell. Sick or not, we are both ready to root on Daddy's Jayhawks in the National Championship game tonight. Rock Chalk!!!!
Like I said sucks. Her tummy has about 50 pox.
Will try and get some good pictures tonight or tomorrow. She's itchy!!!
















No comments:
Post a Comment